DevOps Engineer (Lead)
- Location: Boulder, CO
- Posted: Oct 14
iHireAssociates client is based in Boulder, CO launched their mobile apps (iOS and Android) and are searching for an Operations Engineer (DevOps) to join the engineering team.
iHireAssociates client has a group of builders and we are looking for an engineer who wants to build things. The focus is on making stuff with heavy emphasis on automation, monitoring and the simplest process that works.
What is this role like?
This role is an opportunity for someone with a development and/or operations background who is interested in DevOps, System Administration, build/release engineering role to directly contribute to scaling up a production operation running in AWS/Rackspace.
What does that mean? Here are some sample projects that you would be involved in:
● Architecting and deploying our analytics infrastructure using Kafka, Zookeeper, Storm and Hadoop.
● Building out the internal Continuous Integration infrastructure with Jenkins, virtualization & fully automated
testing & deployment.
● Evolving the alerting & trending infrastructure to detect problems earlier & provide the entire team with
tools to make it easier to see how the system is performing.
● Establishing the culture around how we build, test and deploy software based on best practices.
● Moving the whole development process toward Continuous Deployment.
● Help respond to the normal IT related aspects of a growing startup.
Ruby and Puppet are currently the cornerstones. You should be comfortable with ruby and have experience with, or be eager to learn, tools like Puppet or Chef. Currently they have a wide variety of technologies which will surely change over time, your resourcefulness and eagerness to learn are more important than specific technologies. In this role you will participate in the on-call rotation as part of a team supporting a 24x7 production operation.
What are we hoping to find in the ideal candidate:
● Experience working in a small highly collaborative team; ability to lead DevOps for small company
● Communication skills (ability to code and interact with dev team)
● An understanding of the pace of a startup (and the excitement to jump into it)
● Experience working with Linux & an understanding of what it means to operate in a 24x7 production
● Automation tools such as Chef or Puppet.
● Some development experience using Ruby or similar languages (i.e. - Python)
● Endless amounts of enthusiasm for learning new things & working with others.
● Cash compensation: Market competitive base salary with incentives
● Benefits: Market competitive